Fighting For The Rights Of Employees And Employers
Legal Services For Employees And Employers
We are a nation of laws. The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the California Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA), the California Family Rights Act (CFRA), the California Pregnancy Disability Leave (PDL) law, and the federal Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) are just some of the laws that govern employment rights and responsibilities in California.
At Avila & Shaddow Attorneys at Law, our Los Angeles area employment law attorneys advise and represent both employees and employers. When you need answers to employment-related questions to determine whether you have any rights or responsibilities, Avila & Shaddow Attorneys at Law can help you understand your options and next steps.
Aggressive Advocates On Your Side
We are aggressive employee rights advocates. Whether you are an entry-level employee, a member of management or a corporate executive, our experienced employment lawyers will provide you insight and guidance on how to handle employment-related issues. If your only reasonable option is to sue your employer, our attorneys will fight for your rights and seek the maximum recovery for your case.
Handling A Wide Range Of Employment Law Matters
Our attorneys in Woodland Hills represent employees with any of the following types of charges against their employers.
- Family and medical leave issues
- Hostile work environment claims where harassment, including sexual harassment, exists
- Whistleblower claims or retaliation
- Severance negotiation
- Violation of the California codes, including, for example, government, business and professions, health and safety, and labor codes
- Wage, hour, overtime and misclassification disputes (employee vs. independent contractor status)
- Workplace discrimination, including, but not limited to, age discrimination, discrimination based on gender and sexual preference, disability discrimination or medical condition discrimination
- Wrongful termination or retaliation for reasons, including whistleblowing, harassment, discrimination, taking a leave of absence or seeking a reasonable accommodation
- Contract claims, including breach of contract and fraud or employment misrepresentation
Avila & Shaddow Attorneys at Law is a multifaceted employment law firm. If you are an employee confused about your rights or believe you have been unfairly denied your rights, we can help you understand and take action to protect your rights. If litigation becomes a necessity, you can be confident that our law firm’s intellectual resources, courtroom skill and desire to win will give you the advantage to litigate successfully.