Aggressive Protection of
Your Rights Under The Law
Have You Experienced Sexual Harassment In The Workplace?
Sexual harassment in the workplace affects everyone. Whether you are a victim of sexually inappropriate conduct directed at you, or are working in an environment where other employees make comments that you find sexually offensive, you have the right to be free from such behavior. You also have the right to report sexual harassment and to be compensated for any damage such unlawful conduct has caused you.
At Avila & Shaddow Attorneys at Law, we protect the rights of victims throughout the Los Angeles area. We believe that no one should be subjected to sexual harassment in the work place.
Sexual Harassment: Definition And Examples
Sexual harassment includes many forms of offensive behavior, including even harassment perpetrated by a person who is the same gender as the victim. We represent people who have suffered sexual harassment in the workplace, as well as people who have been affected by sexual behavior directed at other employees or who are acting on behalf of a co-worker.
Under California law, the following are examples of sexual harassment:
- Unwanted sexual advances
- Offering employment benefits in exchange for sexual favors, often called quid pro quo
- Actual or threatened retaliation for refusing, objecting to, or complaining about sexual harassment
- Leering; making sexual gestures; or displaying sexually suggestive objects, pictures, cartoons or posters
- Making or using derogatory comments, epithets, slurs or jokes
- Sexual comments, including graphic comments about an individual’s body; sexually degrading words to describe an individual; or suggestive or obscene letters, notes or invitations
- Physical touching or assault, as well as impeding or blocking movements
- Creating a hostile work environment based on comments or threats of a sexual nature
We Are Your Dedicated Advocates
The lawyers at Avila & Shaddow Attorneys at Law in Woodland Hills are experienced trial attorneys, well-versed in sexual harassment law. We understand that sexual harassment is a humiliating experience that can cause a loss of respect, privacy, self-esteem, chances at promotion, and income.
If we accept your case, our lawyers will protect you from the litigation minefields that are routinely set in such cases by your employer’s attorneys. Our assertive litigation style, reputation, and past successes often result in pretrial settlements which are financially and emotionally beneficial to you. Should a pretrial settlement be an impractical alternative, we will be equally dedicated as we take your case to trial.
If you suffered sexual harassment such as quid pro quo or hostile work environment, contact Avila & Shaddow Attorneys at Law today to schedule a confidential meeting with an experienced lawyer.