Fighting Back Against Injures Caused By Neglect And Abuse Of Children
The criminal justice system is designed to determine what happens to someone who sexually assaulted, abused, molested, physically injured or killed a child. And that outcome is largely out of a parent’s hands.
However, there may be grounds for a civil lawsuit against a child care provider, employer, nonprofit agency, or public institution that failed in a duty to investigate and report neglect or allegations of physical and/or sexual abuse.
Could The Child Abuse Or Neglect Have Been Prevented?
Parents entrust their children’s care to a number of people for a variety of reasons. In some cases, the government steps into the shoes of the parent and it oversees a child’s welfare. Regardless of who is watching the kids, kids sometimes become victims due to another’s criminal conduct or bureaucratic incompetence. Children can be injured or killed when under the supervision of:
- Home day care providers (abuse by the provider or a family member in the house)
- Child care centers
- Public and private schools (abuse by teachers, staff or classmates)
- Youth centers (molestation by adults or other kids)
- Athletic associations (sexual overtures by a coach)
- Government social service agencies (incompetent case management)
- Other entities that supervise children
Financial Justice: Representing The Rights Of Abused And Neglected Children
Contact Avila & Shaddow Attorneys at Law today to discuss with a lawyer whether legal action can be taken on behalf of an injured or deceased child. Avila & Shaddow Attorneys at Law serves injury victims in the Los Angeles and other areas in Southern California.